ION-TOF Model IV Time-of-Flight Secondary Ion Mass Spectrometer
- A mass spectrum of the outermost 12Å of a surface
- Identification of structural units present at the surface (e.g. monomeric components and repeat units)
- Fingerprint identification of polymers
- Information on surface degradation and contamination
- Spatial imaging of the surface chemistry
- A full mass spectrum from every pixel of an image
- High mass resolution
- Extremely high analytical sensitivity
- Destructive elemental depth profiles several thousand Å into the sample
- Identifying the elemental composition and the chemical status near the surface (around 5 angstrom) with high sensitivity (~1ppm) and high mass resolution (~9000).
- Distinguishing the different isotopes of the same element.
- Imaging the topography of surface using the secondary electrons.
- Mapping chemical species on the submicron scale.
- Ultra-thin depth profiling.