Digital Instruments Multimode Atomic Force Microscope with IIIa controller
- Imaging of surface atoms with a lateral resolution of 1Å and a vertical resolution of 0.1Å
- Analysis under water and in controlled environments
- Atomic-scale surface manipulation and modification
- Quantitative measurement of surface roughness
- Biorecognition imaging (with functionalized tips)
- Imaging, measuring and manipulating matter at the nanoscale.
- Information is gathered by “feeling” the surface with a mechanical probe.
- Variable-deflection mode is useful for small, high-speed atomic resolution scans.
- Lateral Force mode measures frictional forces on a surface.
- Phase Imaging mode can be used to differentiate areas on a sample with such differing properties as friction, adhesion, and viscoelasticity.
- Force Modulation mode allows comparison of both height and material properties.