Waters Q-ToF Premier MALDI/ESI Tandem Mass Spectrometer
- Intact protein mass determinations by direct ESI infusion and data analysis.
- Filtering of sample ions, based on their mass-to-charge ratio (m/z).
- Separation of ions in a quadrupole based on the stability of their trajectories in the oscillating electric fields that are applied to the rods.
- Where particular ions of interest are being studied because they can stay tuned on a single ion for extended periods of time.
- Liquid chromatography-mass spectrometry or gas chromatography-mass spectrometry where they serve as exceptionally high specificity detectors.
- Reasonably priced and make good multi-purpose instruments.